The Sanitation Crew is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the plant and grounds per Birchwood Foods GMP practices.
• Perform detailed cleaning in production and warehousing areas per the Master Sanitation Schedule.
• Support wet wash processes in production as needed. This may include disassembly and assembly of equipment.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety Guidelines.
• Support Safety efforts and contribute to Safety Awareness on a daily basis. Report safety incidents in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
• Prior industrial sanitation experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods of standing and lifting cleaning equipment in plant.
• Some work performed at heights and with use of ladder.
• Comfortable in cold environment, while being exposed to wet or humid conditions.
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds at times.
Birchwood Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer